Sunday, June 9, 2013

Never too early to start planning...for next school year :)

It's taken me a year, but I finally found the book bin labels that I think suit my needs the best.  Thank you to Super Teacher Tactics.  The easy part was printing and laminating.  Now to start sorting all of my books.  So far I have brought home most of my books to work on during summer break, but the more I look around my room at summer school the more I realize I have books in every corner, on every shelf, and in every drawer and bin!  It's going to be a job, but well worth it when I get done.

Departmentalizing this summer has been super!  I love switching kids and working on two major subject areas.  After working for hours on our schedule for next year (and realizing that we need to add 2 hours to the school day to get every subject in with time for recess, lunch, and specials) it is finally done and I am happy about our grouping.  Hope my partner is :)  We have also really liked linking all of our groups and core subjects to one common theme.  Next on the agenda is finalizing a calendar with themes for the year that tie in common core.

I have also made my wish list on Amazon...$400.00--not as bad as I thought it would be.

I am off to plan a layout for next year...custodians want a map to put furniture back after the floor is done.  Don't they know it takes me months to create that?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment