Sunday, September 8, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy...

The first weeks of school are always so busy.  Meetings, planning, meet the teacher night, curriculum night, professional development...the list goes on and on.  To top it off, I am out in the back this weekend.  Last training must of did me under.  Bummer.  So much to do today and so little done.  Guess it will have to wait.

So the best part of school so far--Daily 5 and departmentalizing our classes.  I absolutely love being able to focus on Reading, Writing, and Social Studies this year K-5.  I began using Daily 5 and love it! The kids seem to enjoy the opportunity to choose their own learning for that day.  Here are some links to my favorite resources:
        Daily 5 Rubric
        Daily 5 Posters--I use western theme but they have a huge selection of free themes available.
        Favorite back to school bulletin board.
        Pen Pals with my Joplin friends.
       
Hopefully I can get back to blogging every Sunday starting next weekend.  Have a super fun week, I know we will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment